Chip & Charge
A.S.T.P.V. Chip & Charge is thé Student Tennis & Padel Association in Amsterdam. Chip & Charge offers you the perfect opporunity to play tennis and padel during your time in Amsterdam while meeting a lot of new people.
Chip & Charge, often abbreviated to 'Chip', is an association that values the importance of having fun next to playing tennis or padel. We are a relatively young association, being founded in 1998, and have been growing ever since its birth to well over 350 members this year. Most of our members are Dutch, which offers a nice possibility for you to get to know Dutch culture as well as maybe learn the language while drinking some beers.
We organize many different activities, both on and off the tenniscourts, a small selection follows:
- Every wednesday: socialising in the pub
- Visiting other (student)-tennisclubs
- Competition, both in- and external
- and many party's
Our membership gives you the following benefits:
- A free play tenniscard of the USC, which allows you to play tennis anytime you wish, both indoors and outdoors, as long as the courts are available.
- A free play padel membership of the USC, which allows you to play padel anytime you wish.
- Membership to the KNLTB (dutch tennis association), which gives you the right to participate in national and district competitions (Chip & Charge has got 40 teams playing in various competitions at all levels!) and to play at open tournaments of other clubs.
- Membership of thé Amsterdam Student Tennis Club, so that you can join all our activities.
See the fees below:
Category I = students of all dutch MA universities and the HvA.
Category II = students of all other BA universities, graduates UvA and HvA, staff UvA and HvA.
Category III = other people
The club is situated at the USC-tennispark, the tennis-department of the University Sports Center. The park contains 8 plexi-pave (hardcourt) courts, four of which are made indoors by means of an inflatable hall during fall and winter. The clubhouse and bar at the park are ours during activities.
Our address is:
The tennispark is situated directly behind the 'Jaap Eden Ice Rink' in the Watergraafsmeer (Amsterdam-East). For public transport, take tram 9 from Central Station and get out at the crossing Kruislaan/Middenweg, or take bus 40 from Amstel Station and get out at the Linnaeusparkweg.
The park is manned Monday through Thursday from 5 till 9 p.m.